L.E. Shaw Limited was a brick and concrete company based in Lantz, Nova Scotia. The company was incorporated in 1921, but its roots can be traced to 1861 when Robert Shaw opened the first brick plant in Hantsport, Nova Scotia, called Robert Shaw Brickworks. The company expanded through the Maritime provinces and was renamed The Shaw Group, Limited in 1993.
The Shaw Group has grown brick by brick from its beginnings in 1861 as a small Hantsport, Nova Scotia clay and tile manufacturer. Known then as Robert Shaw’s Brick Works, this firm constructed a solid foundation from which to expand and grow by taking the brick — a building product as old as time, and developing new uses and additional users.